Monday, May 7, 2012

Paradise Kiss


(*´▽`*) 
Yesterday was sweet, I was trying to catch up on my list of Japanese chick flicks and I came by
a very cute film which also happened to be a much celebrated anime/manga.
Here are some stills from the movie, lots of pastries, beautifully arranged clothes,
cute girls, awesome shoes and accessories!
Everything was just too pretty I just had to capture it! So here they are and I hope you like!














































There ya go! You guessed it alright! Paradise Kiss, the live action film. 
I think it's a very good movie on its own. I love the delivery of the characters Yukari, 
Arashi and Isabella. Although Miwako was a tad bit disappointing, lacks lolita love imo
It's not quite like the anime/manga but I prefer this ending. Ai Yazawa's ending was totally WTF.
Don't get me started on Nana, the table flip will turn in to a table fly. 

Give it a watch if you haven't! You are bound to fall in love with Keiko Kitagawa!
One cannot deny fact that she looks stunning but put that aside, her acting was very endearing!
Although the much anticipated blue dress in the end was a bit anticlimactic for me. 
The manga/animu dress was DIVINE on EPIC proportions and the one here was just..
Tacky. Seriously, I could have designed a better ensemble ala avante garde. 

I'm going to give the movie a so-so 3 but because I liked the overall cinematography
I'm gonna give it a good 4 out of 5.


Before I end this post, I'll show you darlings my new babies, fresh off the box!
Tadaah!! Aren't they cute?! it's so hard to come by a maruneko or an arpakasso here. 
Let alone to have this super mega gay awesome pink series from Maruneko.
I have another pink one on the way, can't wait! 




Want a pork bun?



And my pretty cat with my not so pretty nails, heehee!
Well then, til next post my darlings!
(I need a super cute siggy ._.)



21 comments:

kacistrife said...

I had no idea there was a Paradise Kiss live action! :O Must go see NOW!

Meki said...

Oh gosh. I love your nails!

Richelle said...

Those shots look like you actually took them in real life! It looks amazing! I've heard of Paradise Kiss but can't remember what the story was about. I stopped watching anime a few years ago so all my anime knowledge has gone out the window.

I love your marunekos! I'm going to come and steal all of them one day :D

SavingCapulet said...

YEAH!! please do and tell whatcha think if you have time :DDDD!

SavingCapulet said...

thank you so much (人´∀`*)

SavingCapulet said...

Same here! I know nothing about the new ones and boy are they plenty! I only know of paradise kiss because the mangaka is also responsible for nana :x I feel old :(( my kind of animes are like.. the really old ones like rorouni kenshin :((

I can imagine you being the pied piper of plushies!!! O.O

thanhthao said...

Waaaaaa, what cute plushies you got!! Check my friend's Shou-chan new blogpost to see even more cuteness, she visited me at home today ;) Lovely greets <3<3<3

SavingCapulet said...

oh I sure will!!!! thank you <333

Mallory Maloney said...

OMG, I had no idea there was a Paradise Kiss live action movie --- How stellar is that?! The screen captures you posted which breathtaking, pure eye candy!

And double OMG! Your nails, they look just like the packaging on Dolly Wink's beauty products ... Pure, adorable perfection! O_O

SavingCapulet said...

oh thank you sooo much!!! I did try to imitate the dolly wink packaging stuff and only you saw the relevance! o.o i am forever grateful! and yay for the screen caps! I knew I was doing the right thing lol xDDD

Sam Murakami said...

Oh Paradise Kiss, I loved the manga so much.... 8 years ago or something? XD I prefer the ending in the manga though, it really fits the character of George, I found him too "nice" in the film. Plus, it just looked like every other romantic film, the manga was more dramatic in my eyes :D I wish she would contine to draw Nana <3

whimsicalityindisguise said...

you have such a kawaii blog <3!!! your nails are too cute~ do a tutorial!!^^

♡ whimsicalityindisguise.blogspot.com

Emy said...

Awwwww everything is just so cute! ♥

LediaJ - Healthy Beauty said...

I love your nails. So pretty!!!! <3

SavingCapulet said...

Thank You Emy <3!!

SavingCapulet said...

I'll try to do even better next time, thank you! :DDD

Thomas Gantz said...

Wow. All those photos are awesome. I like the depth of field and the atmostphere of them. :-)

the doll princess said...

Ne ne ne~ lovin your nails!! ♥ They kinda look like Dolly Wink inspired no? ^^ Followed you! Thanks for dropping by my blog ^_^

SavingCapulet said...

I am with you on that!

SavingCapulet said...

yes baby doll they were!! <3 thank you!!!

SavingCapulet said...

me hopes so, too <3