Monday, July 2, 2012

Afternoons at Taibun and 2ne1


First off, I love LSP! Currently watching Adventure Time reruns again with my sister lol.
And Hello July! I have been meaning to say that since my misfortunes last June started eating me up. I'm just glad it's over, some bad luck I had. 
But hopefully this month would bring lots of good news, good hopes, good health
 and plenty of wealth for all of us, yes?


My hime maruneko nails for the week!

Hehehe anyway, I can't wait to talk about this new hang out place my mom discovered a few weeks ago. It's called "Taibun", a Taiwanese restaurant and pastry shop located in San Juan City, my sweet little town. This place is at a walking distance from our house so I guess that pretty much explains why my wallet was thinning faster than usual. Mom, you are held accountable for my gained weight and bankruptcy.

Entrance

They have everything a diabetic person would kill their relatives for (that's my mom ugh! so hard to control her!) from pastries, cakes and cookies, They also have a cute dining area in the other room, with free wifi and cable TV. There were people dining then so I opted not to take any photos. 

                                              Every time we go there they would always bring out something fresh from the oven. I do hope the kind Taiwanese lady who, as I've been told, is also the pastry chef would consider baking us some cute macaroons and some sugar free pastries for hard headed diabetic people. MOM!
One of every kind please and thank you!
Condiments corner.
I have yet to try these but I think they're really cute and would make lovely presents since they can be bought as a set inside a pretty box. 
Yum!
This meal is not for the faint of heart, JK! You can get this for 130 PHP, say what? just a little more than 3USD oh with free drinks, OJ or Iced Tea, and must I say very very delectable indeed, from the noodles to the chicken!
Milk Tea with Pudding, at 75PHP.
We also had Taiwanese beef noodles (145PHP) the next day, I took my Tough Guy so he can pay haha! thick savory and beefy goodness! I've had my fair share of beef wanton's and noodles and this by far has the richest flavor, although it is more on the sweet side but the downside for me is the noodles, I am not a big fan of thick noodles.  But I am crazy about their gyoza! we forgot to take a picture but you can see it in this photo, we had to order 3 trays and that's just me and Tough Guy, it's very light and tasty! 8pcs for only 85PHP I think. 
Japanese Light Cheesecake (75PHP) and Red Grape juice (120PHP)
Love the cheesecake, ate the whole tray without feeling any guilt whatsoever!
 
And they have Japanese fashion magazines for reading, hello! 
My favorite take home!
These are my favorite kinds so far, they have so many bread things I want to taste them all. 
I left their FB link since I stole some photos from there lol! 
So there ya go! Taibun, our current favorite hang out place!
Well ventilated
Small, cozy and quiet (most of the time, we go in the afternoons)
Very clean and sanitary
Wifi and flat screen cable T.V.
Very friendly and accommodating staff.
331 P. Guevarra St. Little Baguio, San Juan City
6558155

[Edit]

In other news, by other I meant aside from Tom Kat breaking up..
2NE1 is baaacck! lawlawlawlawlaw! Although fans from around the globe have mixed feelings about this because well.. 2ne1 went for the femme sexy look this time around and the new title track "I love you" is not something Blackjacks are accustomed to as opposed to the "I don't care, I hate you, I am the best, I am gonna cut your balls off" thing 2ne1 had been known for.  


But fret not! Tons of girl groups are currently doing the fierce, funky, fashion make it or break it look 2ne1 did during their previous promotions, so I believe YG intended for the girls to do something simple, something almost mediocre which is also something totally unexpected. Have faith Blackjacks, I am really excited! I am all about these girls, I cannot wait for their come back!


Dara's teaser has been released.
Now tell me this isn't fierce, the girl shaved half of her head.
Looking forward to Bom's, Minzy's and (edit) CL's!!


Minzy is all grown up now!


CL looking so vulnerable like this shall take some time getting used to but she undoubtedly looks gorgeous!


Bommie's ombre is lalalove! 


Leaving you with this not so recent half decent photo of myself since I cannot remember the last time I posted one lol! I shall save the kawaii haul for next post!
I'll see you then! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! 



23 comments:

miharu jhulie said...

cute nail art ♥
great pictures
wow i love 2ne1 too ! XD

Rindodo ♥ said...

wheeee I love that pinky lacey nail! pretteeeh <3

thanhthao said...

The bakery looks sooo cute and wow, all the yummy bread you can eat <3<3<3

You looook so lovely, I love your huuuuuge eyes :) Looking forward to the next post! :)

SARA MARI said...

Yes for sure, I hope July will be better for everyone. I keep thinking "This month will be better, things will change" but it never does TT

Oh I can totally see why your wallet is getting thin, that Taiwanese cafe looks amazing indeed. It was difficult to look at the photos as I just wanted to jump into the computer screen and go there!

Can't wait to see the kawaii haul XD

Melissah from Scrapbook said...

fun nails!
x
Melissah

SavingCapulet said...

thank you my dear! I am glad to hear you're in to 2ne1 too, comeback tomorrow yay!

SavingCapulet said...

thank you my pretty lady!!

SavingCapulet said...

thank you so much! it really means a lot coming from you!!!

SavingCapulet said...

I am glad you liked the photos, the lovely lady who owns the cafe will be thrilled to see your sweet comment!! and yeah hopefully we will have a better second half for this year!

SavingCapulet said...

thank you Melissah!

pop champagne said...

I love that ombre hair! and the food looks delicious for how cheap it is!!

crystal said...

beautiful nails!!! I love pink >u<

SavingCapulet said...

yay /i'm glad you like 'em!!

SavingCapulet said...

'm glad you likey and yay for good deals!! <3

Sam Murakami said...

I didn't have time to read the whole entry but WOW, your nails!!! So cute, I would love such nails too! But my nails always chip after a few hours, it's not worth my time... =_=""

Clara Turbay said...

that look is awesome!

Yuki Tsukiyama said...

Your nails are so cute~~! *o*
Taibun looks like heaven, I would also go bankrupt! :D
Also you look very cute and we seem to have similar nailpolishes! ^^

Kati said...

First your nails are so cute!! <3 and everything in Taibun looks so yummyy! I wanna visit there :D also sooo pretty picture of you!


www.katinosky.blogspot.com

SavingCapulet said...

awh I'd do your nails for you if we aren't seas apart :3

SavingCapulet said...

thank you dear clara!

SavingCapulet said...

wow I'd love to see your nails too! and thank you so much!

SavingCapulet said...

thank you Kati! that means a lot coming from the cutest girl in my blogsphere x3

εïз ღ Valerie-Ssi ღ εïз said...

Oh the nails! ♥ Love em!!!
The place looks really great! ^_^ I thought it's some kind of bakery abroad! Ü I hope they have other branches too so I could go! San Juan is a bit far from my place lol